How to program a national public broadcasting corporation:
- Operate a respected international cable news channel.
- Create an innovative, ground-breaking television program using all the techniques of social media Web sites more than five years before it becomes cliched.
- Get praise for the former, and inspire a former vice-president to copy the model outright.
- Stop producing content for the respected news outlet so said ex-vice-president can use the channel to host the aforementioned copy.
- Wait about four years, and strike a deal to create a Canadian version of the groundbreaking news channel that resulted from those deals.